Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Orphan- Add on

Though I lived in the same town growing up, because of continuous redistricitng, I changed schools every year, moving back and forth between the same two schools every other year. I would have to reconnect with people each year.

As a small child, I spent a lot of time in an extended family that included my aunt and uncle and cousins. My mom and aunt would take the kids on different outings, exploring new parts of San Fransisco, the bay area, beaches, parks etc. It was like mini-adventures, discoverying new worlds.

Because there were no kids my age living by me, I spent a lot of time in nature. Until I was seven, I lived by a big creek/stream and spent endless time exploring, obsorbed in all the life there. I loved being in and around the water, rocks, birds and fish.

No comments: